Mapping a device button on Android
Starting with Zello v3.67+, we've simplified the process to map accessory and device buttons.
On Android devices, you are able to map any hardware key as a PTT button. Please note that the Talk Screen must be in the foreground for the button to work. The only exceptions are certified accessories that can be used while Zello is in the background.
To make it seamless, make sure you allow Zello to unlock the phone and automatically select a contact. Here's how you can unlock your Android.
Mapping a hardware button:
- Tap open the App Menu icon (3 vertical dots)
- Select Options
- Select Push-to-talk buttons
- Tap the Add (+) icon at the bottom right corner
- When prompted, press the hardware button you want to map. Repeat step 4 and 5 for additional buttons
- In this example, the Camera and Volume Up buttons have been selected as alternate PTT buttons
- Select any button to change from PTT to toggle mode, assign a contact, or remove the button
- Test the button by sending a message to your Echo contact.