Adding direct contacts for users
In ZelloWork, a contact must be the direct contact of another user in order for them to talk privately with each other. Admins can create direct contacts for users from the Management Console. Depending on the type of channel used, the Admin may, or may not, need to create direct contacts for users on the channel.
By default, team channels and hidden channels will automatically populate the Contact list of users for one-to-one communication with all other users on the channel.
If you have dynamic channels set-up and would like to add direct contacts for one-to-one conversations between users, follow these steps.
- From the Management Console, select Users from the taskbar
- Select the user you want to add direct contacts for. In this example, we've selected User10, who currently has no direct contacts
- Click the + sign in the Direct Contacts section. A list of all network users will be displayed. Select one or more users to add as direct contacts for that user
- To add all users in the network as direct contacts, check the box at the upper right corner and click Done. In the following example, all 115 users in the "mycompany" network will be added to User10's Contact list. Also, every user in the network will have User10 added as a direct contact on their Contact list.
- The new direct contacts will be displayed on the User10 Details screen
- Direct contacts can be deleted by searching for and selecting users or by tapping the All checkbox at the upper left corner of the Direct Contacts section and then tapping the - sign.