Setting up a BlueParrott PTT headset button
Zello is compatible with VXi's newest BlueParrott button-enabled devices. This means the BlueParrott button can be used as the PTT button while Zello is in the background, foreground, and when the screen is locked.
BlueParrot models compatible with Zello
Before purchasing, make sure it's one of the devices listed below and that it comes with a BlueParrott button. Older versions will not work with Zello. You may also be able to update your devices using the VXi software updater.
- BlueParrott Reveal Pro v1.32
- BlueParrott B350-XT v3.33
- BlueParrott B450-XT v1.10
- BlueParrott S450-XT v2.02
How to add the BlueParrott button to Zello
These steps are for Android users of Zello v4.62 and newer.
If you have a version older than v4.62, you will need to install and uninstall the BlueParrott app as described in the iOS installation below (steps 1-8) before proceeding.
- Using the manufacturer's instructions, pair the Parrott headset to your phone
- Tap open the Zello app menu (3 vertical dots)
- Select Options
- Select Push-to-talk buttons
- Tap the Add (+) icon at the bottom right corner
- When prompted, press the button on the BlueParrott headset to use as the PTT button
- Test the button by using it to send a message to your Echo contact on Zello.
iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
- Using the manufacturer's instructions, pair the BlueParrott headset to your phone
- Download the BlueParrott App from the App Store
- Open the BlueParrott App
- Select Parrott Button
- Select Compatible Apps
- Select Zello
- Uninstall the BlueParrott App so that Zello can take over the button
- Add the BlueParrott button to Zello using these iOS instructions.