How does Location Tracking work?
Location Tracking allows you to track your Android and iOS users from the Map available on the ZelloWork Management Console.
Before enabling this feature, please note that battery will be reduced significantly on tracked devices. Also, location tracking may not be available or accurate if GPS signals do not reach the user, for example, if they are indoors.
Note: Users will only show up on the map if they are using app versions that support Location Tracking:
- Android version 3.71+
- iOS version 3.38+
Please refer to this article for further location tracking troubleshooting. Here are instructions for enabling Web Console Access for non-admins using location tracking in the PC app and Dispatch Hub.
Enable Location Tracking
- Log into your ZelloWork Management Console.
- Enable the Location Tracking under Common settings. Make sure you Save and Apply the setting changes.
How it works
Click on the Map tab in your management console.
- Use this list to quickly search by username.
- The user list comes in handy when you want to focus on one user at a time, and you do not know where he is on the map.
- Use the search bar to locate a specific user. This works regardless of when their location data was last shared with Zello.
- Users on the map show up in two different colors:
- Blue means the user's location is current.
- Purple means the user's location is not current. Select the user to see when it was last updated.
- For more information, refer to this article.
- Use your cursor to move the map.
- Zoom in or out with your mouse scroll or the - and + buttons on the map.
- Click the blue dot to zoom out to view all of your online users.
- Use the Map in full-screen mode by clicking on the 4 cornered icon in the upper right corner of the map. Press the ESC key to exit full-screen mode.
This mini user dashboard will show you:
- The User's Status.
- Last updated time - The last time Zello received a location from the user.
- Battery level - The user's device battery level.
- Speed icon - If your user is moving, you'll be able to see how fast they're going.
- If you have the Premium Maps add-on, you will get the option to track the user's location history or to open their location in Google Maps.
Additionally, from the User information box, you can:
- Click on the focus icon (circle with a cross around it) to go to that user's location.
- Click on their username to go to their User profile.
Disabling Location Tracking
- Disable the Location Tracking from the Common settings. Make sure you save and apply setting changes.
- Optionally, disable Location Tracking for some individuals from their User Page. A User Page is found by opening Users from the menu and selecting that user. On the bottom left corner of the User Page, there is a User Settings box where you can toggle on and off location tracking.