Location Tracking allows you to track your Android and iOS users from the Map available on the ZelloWork Management Console.
Enable Location Tracking
- Log into your ZelloWork Management Console.
- Select the Map option from the menu.
- Enable the Location Tracking beta from the common settings. Make sure you save and apply setting changes.
- Users will only show up on the map if they are using app versions that support Location Tracking. <ul<>
- Android version 3.71+
- iOS version 3.38+
- Enable Web Console Access for any users who need access to Maps. Here is how to enable Web Console Access: https://support.zellowork.com/hc/en-us/articles/208094697-Can-I-delegate-admin-to-different-groups-and-organize-users-.
How it works
- Use this list to quickly search by usernames, no matter where they are on the map or what their status is.
- Users on the map show up in two different colors:
- Blue means the user's location is current.
- Purple means the user's location is not current. Select the user to see when it was last updated.
- Use your cursor to move the map.
- Zoom in or out with your mouse scroll or the - and + buttons on the map.
- Use the Map in full-screen mode by clicking on the 4 cornered icon in the upper right corner of the map. Press the ESC key to exit full-screen mode.
This mini user dashboard will show you:
- Last updated time - The last time Zello received a location from the user.
- Battery level - The user's device battery level.
- Speed icon - If your user is moving, you'll be able to see how fast they're going.
Additionally, from the User information box, you can:
- Open the user's location from Google maps.
- See the Location History for that user on a specific day. Location History is kept for 6 months. Location History is available for free only during the beta period of Location tracking.
Disabling Location Tracking
- Disable the Location Tracking from the Common settings. Make sure you save and apply setting changes.
- Optionally, disable Location Tracking for some individuals from their User Details. User Details are found by opening Users from the menu and selecting that user.
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.