How to export and save Zello History on a PC
1. Download the history tool from http://zello.com/data/mesh/hex.exe.
2. Open your Command Prompt screen.
3. Locate the file after downloading. In this example we have placed the downloaded hex.exe file into our C Drive.
4. Type hex --help to display the list of commands available.
The only commands needed are the path to the file where the history database is stored (-B) and the directory where the output files will be saved (-O). Other commands are optional but will name output files with time stamps (-T), filter by lower limit (-S), and filter by upper limit (-F).
hex -B "HistoryDb" -O .\exp2 -T false
hex -B "HistoryDb" -O .\exp2 -T 0
hex -B "HistoryDb" -O .\exp2 -T true
hex -B "HistoryDb" -O .\exp2 -T 1
5. The example below will export history files from user Eugene, place them in a folder named "Recordings", label each file by date, and export recordings starting on January 1, 2018.
Generally, your files's location will be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Zello for Work <zello network name>\. For more information on where files are stored see History files.
The saved files can be replayed by using a player. Convert the .ogg file to an mp3 using a converter from the web.
Questions? Contact us or submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.
Hi. Thanks for the guide. Wery helpfull. Can you help me with the other comands. i want to change the name of output files and if i understand hex can do it with comand -T. All my attempts have failed. Thank you.