Can you run multiple instances of ZelloWork?
Running multiple instances can allow you to run multiple gateways and ZelloWork accounts from one PC. You can safely run up to 8 instances from one PC.
Create multiple shortcuts
- From your desktop right-click on ZelloWork shortcut and select Copy
- Right-click anywhere on the empty space on your desktop and select Paste
- Rename the new shortcut to ZelloWork A
- Right-click on shortcut ZelloWork A and select properties.
- Change the target to append /instance=A to it.
- Example target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ZelloWork\ptt.exe" /instance=A.
- Note: The value of the /instance param must be a valid file name (no spaces of special characters).
- Click OK to close shortcut properties dialog and save the changes
- Double-click on the shortcut you created, and enter username and password you want to use for that instance. Click Sign In.
- Now you can open the app options and select the audio device. Once you hit the apply button, the app should create a separate configuration file, it's name starts with the "instance" string you provided. You can navigate to %APPDATA%\ZelloWork <ZelloNetworkName> folder and check the new .config file there. For example, if you provided the instance "A", the file name will be "A_ptt.config". If you can't find the alternative config files in that folder, this means all the running zello apps still use the same configuration file "ptt.config", eventually the apps will reload the config from the main file ptt.config.
- If you want the instances to start running when the computer boots, copy the shortcuts to a windows Startup folder.
- Repeat steps 3 through 9 for each instance you need to configure.