Can you run multiple instances of ZelloWork?
Running multiple instances can allow you to run multiple gateways and ZelloWork networks from one PC. You can safely run up to 8 instances from one PC.
Create multiple shortcuts
To run multiple instances follow the steps below:
- Open the ZelloWork app and click on Tools > Options > check "Allow multiple instances of the program".
- Exit out of ZelloWork
- Copy the shortcut and paste again.
- Rename the new shortcut to ZelloWork B
- Open your Program files (x86), if this is where ZelloWork was saved, and copy the folder and paste into the Program files again. Rename the folder to ZelloWork B.
- Right-click on shortcut ZelloWork B and select properties.
- Change the target to match the name of the shortcut. If it matches the previous steps and location in your PC, it should be exactly like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zello for Work B\ptt.exe" /instance=B.
- Double-click on the shortcut you created, and enter username and password you want to use for that instance. Click Sign In.
- If you want the instances to start running when the computer boots, copy the shortcuts to a windows Startup folder.
- Repeat steps 3 through 9 for each instance you need to configure.
You should now be able to open the shortcut for the new network.