Can you run multiple instances of ZelloWork?
Running multiple instances can allow you to run multiple gateways and ZelloWork networks from one PC. You can safely run up to 8 instances from one PC.
Create multiple shortcuts
- Open the ZelloWork app and click on Tools > Options > check "Allow multiple instances of the program".
- Exit out of ZelloWork
- Copy the shortcut and paste again.
- Rename the new shortcut to ZelloWork B
- Open your Program files (x86), if this is where ZelloWork was saved, and copy the folder and paste into the Program files again. Rename the folder to ZelloWork B.
- Right-click on shortcut ZelloWork B and select properties.
- Change the target to match the name of the shortcut. If it matches the previous steps and location in your PC, it should be exactly like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zello for Work B\ptt.exe" /instance=B. Note: The "instance" param must be a valid file name.
- Double-click on the shortcut you created, and enter username and password you want to use for that instance. Click Sign In.
- After you execute the app with the instance parameter, you can open the app options and select the audio device. Once you hit the apply button, the app should create a separate configuration file, it's name starts with the "instance" string you provided. You can navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\ZelloWork <ZelloNetworkName> folder and check the new .config file there. For example, if you provided the instance "anystring", the file name will be "anystring_ptt.config". If you can't find the alternative config files in that folder, this means all the running zello apps still use the same configuration file "ptt.config", eventually the apps will reload the config from the main file ptt.config.
- If you want the instances to start running when the computer boots, copy the shortcuts to a windows Startup folder.
- Repeat steps 3 through 9 for each instance you need to configure.