Depending on the Android device, you may need to disable Google Play Music under applications to prevent the headset hook from bringing up music.
1. Connect the accessory to your mobile device
2. Open Zello "Options" > "Push-to-talk button"
3. Select "Add Button" on the top right. You'll get a prompt asking you to press the desired button and it will be added as a "Headset hook".
4. Make sure the button is set to "Toggle mode" and that "Handle headset button when in the background" is enabled. Even though it's set to toggle mode, the accessory will work as a push-to-talk mode if it's listed as push-to-talk from the website. If you're using a device not listed, it will most likely only work as Toggle mode.
Although Zello does have the option to map a headset hook from an Apple headset, it is not often reliable. Zello does not have the control to maintain the headset hook for PTT control, so the headset button will sometimes trigger music.
Bluetooth devices are the best way to trigger PTT on iOS devices. See the most current list of iOS compatible devices here.
Connect your headset to your iPhone and then follow these steps:
1. Set push to talk button "Action" to "Toggle". (Zello menu > Options > Push To Talk button > Action > Toggle).
2. Make sure you have enabled "Headset/remote control".
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.