Preventing drivers from hearing each other in a channel
Admins can create channel User Roles to allow drivers to talk to dispatchers without disturbing other drivers in the channel.
Creating User Roles to prevent drivers from hearing each other
- From the Management Console, select Channels from the taskbar
- Select the channel where you want to create the User Roles. In our example, the "Dispatch Channel" is selected
- In the Roles section, click on the Add (+) icon to create a new "Dispatcher" User Role for dispatchers
- Enter the name Dispatcher, select Type of Speak to selected roles and then select Dispatcher (self). Click Continue when done
- Assign the "Dispatcher" User Role to all the dispatchers in the channel and click Continue when done
- On the Channel Details page, click on the Add (+) icon in the Roles section to create a new "Driver" User Role for drivers
- Enter the name of Driver, a Type of Speak to selected roles and then select Dispatcher. Click Continue when done
- Assign the User Role "Driver" to all drivers in the channel and click Continue when done
- On the Channel Details page, in the Roles section, edit the "Dispatcher" role to include both Dispatcher and Driver User Roles
- The completed setup on the Channel Details page will show all drivers having the "Driver" User Role, who can only speak to the "Dispatch" User Role and not other "Drivers". Dispatchers will have the "Dispatch" User Role, who can speak to both "Drivers" and "Dispatchers" on the channel.
Questions? Contact us or submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.