Mapping the PTT button for DuraForce XD and PRO
You can map the programmable side button to Zello on the Kyocera DuraForce PRO and DuraForce XD mobile phones. These steps also work for the previous version of DuraForce and the Brigadier.
After mapping the side button you can use it to trigger Zello or ZelloWork as described below:
- If Zello is in the background, press once to bring up Zello and trigger PTT.
- If the screen is locked, long press to unlock it and bring up Zello. Press again to start using Zello. NOTE: Unlocking the phone in this manner will only work if your screen lock is set to none or swipe. Otherwise, you will be prompted to provide a password first.
Mapping the programmable side button:
- On your home screen, tap the Android Settings icon. Select Programmable key
- Assign the programmable key to Zello or ZelloWork. Turn on Wake up device
- Exit the Programmable Key screen and go back to the home screen
- Tap the Zello badge to open the app
- Tap the App Menu icon (3 vertical dots)
- Select Options
- Select Push-to-talk buttons
- Tap the Add (+) icon at the bottom right corner
- When prompted, press the programmable side button on the DuraForce phone
- The new button named Hardware button is added to your list
- Select Hardware button to change from PTT to toggle mode, assign a button contact, or remove the button
- Test the button by sending a message to your Echo contact on Zello.
Questions? Contact us or submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.