Integrate a device hardware button with Zello
- The phone must have an additional key that can be used for PTT (not volume or wake up keys).
- The button should launch Zello when it is in the background.
- The button should trigger PTT when pressed.
- The button should unlock the phone when pressed. This functionality needs to be added to the button in addition to the firmware changes below which will only launch Zello and use it as a PTT button.
- Loudspeakers are necessary for a great Zello PTT experience.
The hardware button must send the commands below to work as a PTT button and launch Zello. If a hardware button is assigned these commands, the button will trigger PTT if Zello is in the foreground and if the Zello is in the background it will launch Zello before triggering PTT.