How users can share their location
Users on Android and iPhone are able to send their location to a direct contact or channel, including Ad-Hoc channels. Note that this is not currently possible in Dispatch Channels.
Location sharing provides recipients on Android, iPhone, and Windows PC devices an address along with a map view.
Sharing your location
- Go to the talk screen of the contact you are sharing your location with
- Tap the pull-down arrow
- Select Send Location
- Tap Send
- Locations shared can be found in the History/Conversation screen. Selecting the location arrow from the Recents or History/Conversation screen will provide a map view.
Receiving a location on a Windows PC
Locations shared to Windows PC users will create a notification on the Recents tab. Locations will include an address and a map.
To view the address and map:
- Go to History through the Recents tab
- Click on the Location arrow to open a map on your browser
To view the map:
- Click on the Location arrow in Recents OR History to open a map on your browser as above