Location sharing enables Android and iOS users to send their current location to both direct contacts and channels—including ad hoc and dispatch channels. Recipients will receive your exact address accompanied by a timestamp and map view of that address.
Please note that admins must have location sharing enabled on their network for this functionality to work. For more information on enabling location sharing, see this article.
Sharing your location
- Open Zello and open either the individual contact or channel you’d like to share your location with.
- Tap the three dots located at the top-right of the PTT button, next to the name of either the contact or channel.
- Select “Send location.”
- Confirm that you’re sharing your location with the intended contact or channel. Then, tap Send.
- To access the sent location, tap the blue message icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
There, you’ll see the address, map view of address, and timestamp that indicates when the location was sent.
Receiving a location on a Windows PC
Locations shared to Windows PC users will create a notification in the Recents tab. Locations will include an address and a map.
To view the address and map:
- Go to History through the Recents tab
- Click on the Location arrow to open a map on your browser
To view the map:
- Click on the Location arrow in Recents OR History to open a map on your browser as above