Using QuickConnect for faster channel communications
The QuickConnect feature removes delays caused by channel floor control checks, resulting in faster connection times between users. QuickConnect can reduce ready-to-send delay times to near-zero, the same as one-to-one transmissions. This is especially useful for mission-critical PTT environments where near-zero latency is critical, such as military, public safety, and law enforcement applications.
QuickConnect is available with Zello v4.62+ on Android or Zello v4.60+ on iOS. The feature is free to use for all existing and new ZelloWork customers. By default, QuickConnect is not enabled but can be enabled for any channel using the admin management console.
- When used in high-traffic channels, there may be increased interruptions due to multiple users trying to transmit at the same time.
- QuickConnect does not improve your network's existing connection quality. If your network connection time is already fast, QuickConnect may not make any noticeable difference in latency. Conversely, QuickConnect will not improve any end-to-end delay caused by poor network latency.
To enable QuickConnect for a channel
- On the admin management console, select Channels from the taskbar
- Select the channel you want to enable for QuickConnect
- Tap on Settings (gear icon) to display Advanced Settings
- Turn on Enable QuickConnect
After QuickConnect is enabled, channel transmissions are sent as usual. However, since all QuickConnect messages are initiated instantly upon key up, this may result in conflicts if multiple users are transmitting at the same time. In those instances, the second user will receive an error message (after beginning to speak) that the message cannot be sent and to try again.