Setting up the Honeywell Dolphin CT60 for PTT
You can use Zello for push-to-talk (PTT) communications on the Dolphin CT60. Instead of using the touchscreen talk button, you can remap the scanner buttons on either side as a PTT button by following these instructions.
Remap the Scan buttons on the CT60 as PTT buttons
- You must be running Android 8+ and have Build number 86.00.00-(0659) or above installed on the CT60 before beginning. You can see the current versions of Android and Build installed on your device from the System>Settings>About phone screen. If needed, upgrade to the latest firmware for the CT60 by using the instructions in this link: https://support.honeywellaidc.com/s/article/How-to-use-the-HUpgrader-to-upgrade-a-kernel
- Zello should already be installed on the CT60. If needed, install Zello from the Google Play Store before proceeding.
To remap the buttons:
- Swipe the screen from top to bottom to see the Settings gear icon and tap on it. From the Settings screen, select Honeywell Settings
- From the Honeywell Settings screen, select Key Remap
- In the Key Remap screen, enter "HEADSETPTT" to reassign the scan buttons on the CT60 as PTT buttons. You can reassign the left, right, or both buttons for PTT
- Continue to the next section to map Zello to the PTT buttons on the device.
Map Zello to the newly assigned PTT buttons
- Log into your Zello account
- Go to the app menu (3 vertical dots) and select Options
- Select Push-to-talk buttons
- Tap the Add (+) icon at the bottom right
- When prompted, press the PTT button(s) on the CT60 you want to use as the PTT button(s)
- When done, you will see the new button(s) listed as Hardware button. In this example, both scan buttons on the CT60 were re-mapped for PTT, so there are two Hardware buttons listed.
- Tap on the button(s) to see additional button options. You can change from "Hold to talk" to "Toggle" mode, adjust action when Zello is running in the background, and assign a contact or channel to the button
NOTE: If you map the CT60 camera button as the PTT button, it will only work when Zello is open and in the foreground.
Questions? Contact us or submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.