Using the MSI installer for PC Windows clients
Configuring your PC for MSI
- Go to https://www.zello.com/data/mesh/ZelloWorkClient.msi to download the MSI installer
- Answer any prompts to allow Zello to be installed on your PC.
Please note that MSI files don’t support SHA-168 digital signatures, so outdated Windows versions such as XP and Vista may report the setup package as unsigned.
Installing MSI at different user interface levels
msiexec /q /i ZelloWorkClient.msi /l* Install.log ZELLO_SERVER="mycompany59.zellowork.com"
If the ZELLO_SERVER parameter is omitted, the installation will be successful; however, the app will run the configuration wizard (shown in step 9 below) at first launch to complete the installation.
msiexec /i ZelloWorkClient.msi /l* Install.log ZELLO_SERVER="mycompany59.zellowork.com"
- Initially, the Welcome Screen is displayed.
- Click on Next to continue
- Type in the destination folder name
- If you didn't pass the ZELLO_SERVER parameter already, type in the network server address or the location of your On-premise Server. Network server addresses would have the format "networkname.zellowork.com" while an On-premise Server would have an address such as "http://10.0.0.33"
- If you leave the field blank, the configuration wizard will display a second screen, again asking for the network server address or the On-premise Server address
- Type in the appropriate address and finish the wizard to return back to MSI installation
- The Finish screen will display after the installation has completed successfully.