Can I change my Network Name?
It is not currently possible to change the name of your Zello Work Network. For this reason, it is important to carefully choose the name of your network when it is created. However, if you truly need to change the name of your network (ie, in the case that your company is acquired), there is a workaround. You can export all data from your existing network and use this data to replicate your existing setup into a new network. Note that doing this may cause a disruption to your users, as it will require all of your users to sign back in using the new network name.
Part One: Exporting Data from your Old Network
1. Go to [original_network_name].zellowork.com and login as the admin user.
2. From the home page of the management console, click "Export your network data" under Network Overview.
3. A pop-up window will appear asking you to assign an Archive password. This password is unique to the file that is downloaded, so it is important to remember it. (Note that this means you can download multiple Export files with different passwords, so it is important to remember which is which!)
4. Once you enter an archive password and click "proceed", the export file will automatically download as a .zip file. The pop-up will tell you when the file download is complete:
Part Two: Importing Data to your New Network
1. Click here to create a new Zello Network, taking special care to change the "Network Name" field to your desired name:
(Note: You will not be able to use the exact same email address that you used to create your original network. To circumvent this problem, it is recommended to change email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. The emails will still be sent to the same address.)
2. Finish creating the network, then close out of the window that asks you to add a new user.
3. Click "import your network data".
4. Click "choose a file" and select the .zip file that you downloaded earlier. Then, enter the archive password you created when you exported the network data in part one, step three of this article.
Note that this will only work if you upload the .zip file. If you try to upload the extracted .csv file, you will get an error message that says "Failed to parse archive."
5. Once you have clicked "import network", you will have confirmation that the import was successful if the number of users, channels, and gateways are the same as in your previous network.
Part Three: Update your Billing Information
Note: If you are a first responder network, please email email@example.com to transfer ZeFFR status to your new network.
1. Log in to your old network, [original_network_name].zellowork.com, as the admin user.
2. Go to the "Billing" tab and navigate to the bottom left of the page, and click "Cancel my subscription". Check your email to ensure that your subscription has been canceled.
3. Go to the tab in your new network that says "Upgrade". Select the premium features that you would like to have on your network. Finally, enter your payment details to begin your new subscription.
Part Four: What is carried over?
Not every detail from your existing network is carried over when you import your data to a new network.
What is carried over:
- User list, including passwords, display names, and direct contact list.
- Channel list, including membership and channel roles.
- User Templates.
- Certain settings, but not all. If you are concerned about a specific setting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What is not carried over:
- Message Vault History
- Location History
- Sign-in report data
- Audit log data