Adding Dispatchers and Drivers to a Dispatch Channel
Although Dispatch Hub is perfectly suited for use with team and dynamic channels, it was built with special features for Dispatch Channels in particular.
1. Sign in to your management console using the URL [your network].zellowork.com.
2. Navigate to the Channels tab and click + New Channel.
3. Choose a name for your channel and choose Dispatch for your Channel Type, then click Create Channel.
Note: Existing channels of another channel type cannot be changed to channel type of “Dispatch”. You must create a new channel for the dispatch channel.
4. Click + Add Drivers and Dispatchers or the + sign above the Users tab.
5. Select all of the Users from your user list that you would like to add as Drivers (aka, non-Dispatchers) by clicking the checkbox next to their name. Select “-” for their role. When you have selected all of your non-dispatchers, click Done.
6. To pull up the selection menu to add dispatchers, click the + sign.
7. Select all of the Users from your user list that you would like to add as Dispatchers by clicking the checkbox next to their name. Select Dispatcher for their role. When you have selected all of your dispatchers, click Done. Note: if you have users who are both drivers and dispatchers depending on the day, add them as Drivers. They will automatically be considered Dispatchers just by using the Dispatch Hub app.
8. Choose whether you would like for your dispatchers to send channel messages to either Dispatchers or non-dispatchers under User Roles. The default is for dispatchers to send channel messages to non-dispatchers: if this is your preference, you can skip this step.
If you would like for your dispatchers to send channel messages to other dispatchers, click the blue wheel. From there, change Type to Speak to selected roles, and click the checkbox next to Dispatcher. Note that this only applies to Mobile Dispatchers, as Dispatch Hub does not yet have the capability to send channel messages to other Dispatchers through the dispatch channel. This can still be accomplished by creating a separate channel for dispatchers to talk to one another.