iOS Management Console Settings
This article provides an outline of the settings available in the management console that are specific to iOS devices. While changing these settings will have a global impact across all iOS devices on the network, it should be noted that some of these settings can also be changed on the individual device level.
- Disable automatic contact selection - This setting prevents Zello from switching the active contact to the person who sent the last incoming message.
- Automatically connect channels - This will connect users to channels automatically when the user logs into the application. This will only impact channels that the user can manually disconnect from (i.e. dynamic channels).
- Sort channels by Status - When enabled, the channels will be sorted by the status of the user (connected or disconnected) rather than listed alphabetically.
- Recording amplifier (dB) - Digitally amplifies recording level in the app. This is defined in decibels.
- Recording automatic gain control - When active, overrides recording amplifier setting, and will automatically adjust the gain level during message recording.
- Playback amplifier (dB) - Digitally amplifies playback level. Like the amplifier, this is defined in decibels.
- Playback automatic gain control - When active, overrides playback amplifier setting, and will automatically adjust he gain level during playback.
- Microphone boost - Boosts level of microphone gain (input) in decibels
- Keep alive - This Prevents the device from entering sleep mode when in background. This setting will reduce battery life.
- Notify when terminated unexpectedly - This setting will send a push notification when the user needs to restart Zello to stay connected. This setting will only work with iOS 13 and above.
- Keep alive interval (Mobile connection) - Polling time between app and Zello service, when using mobile data connection. Increasing this interval may improve battery life but also reduce timely status updates.
- Use TCP only (Mobile Connection) - Disables use of UDP for communication. Reduces data consumption but may cause higher latency
- Keep-alive interval (WiFi Connection) - Polling time between app and Zello service, when using Wi-Fi. Increasing may improve battery life but also reduce timely status updates
- Use TCP only (WiFi Connection) - Disables use of UDP for communication. Reduces data consumption but may cause higher latency.
- Location sharing - This feature allows users to send their current location to the selected contact. Location permission will need to be granted on the device.
- Record over Bluetooth - If this option is turned off, you will not be able to use the built-in microphone on the Bluetooth device.
- Enable Bluetooth link keep-alive - Enable this setting to keep the Bluetooth audio connection active for a shorter call setup time.
- Mix with other audio - Allows other audio to play while Zello is in the foreground. If Zello is in the background, this setting will not have an impact.
- Add headset button - Headset PTT button override
- Disable option to mute selected users and channels - Prevents users from muting other users and channels. This is beneficial if you would like to ensure that users do not miss messages that are sent directly to them, or in channels.
- Quick dial number pad - Turns on a search tool that allows users to find other users whose usernames start with a number.
- Disable status toggle on the talk screen - This setting prevents users from toggling and changing their status from the talk screen
- Automatically delete messages - This option defines how long message history will be retained on the individual device. If you are using message vault, this will not impact that history.
- Protect history - This prevents users from deleting the history on their device.
- Maximum number of text messages in the history - Once this limit is reached, the oldest text messages will be removed from the device.
- Maximum number of locations in history - Once this limit is reached, the oldest reported locations will be removed from the device.
All of these alerts can be changed on the individual device level. Additionally, it should be noted that these are all still in the beta stage. Additionally, with the introduction of "Focus Modes" in iOS 15, these alerts may be impacted if a user has Zello notifications limited for a specific focus mode.
- Alert volume
- Ready to send beep
- Talk button up beep
- Delivery delayed beep
- Incoming message beep
- End of incoming message beep
- Default contact selected beep
- Call alert beep
- Signed in from a different device beep
- User text beep
- Channel text beep
- Channel alert beep
- Image received beep
- Location received beep
- New conversation beep
- Connection lost beep
- Connection restored beep
- Error beep
- Vibrate when ready to send
- Vibrate on incoming message
- Vibrate on missed message
- Show event notification banners when in the background
- Sample Rate per Second - This can be set to 8kHz, 16 kHz, or 24kHz and will define how frequently per second the audio is sampled when recording messages.
- Bitrate - Defines the kbps. This will help to improve the audio quality
- Frames per packet - This number * frames per second should be less than or equal to 120. This can help to improve audio quality, but should only be changed when instructed by Zello support
Questions? Contact us or submit a new ticket for support-related inquiries.