What are invitation deep links and when should I not enable them?
Invitation deep links on Zello Work will help your people get on the Zello app faster and help prevent any confusion when getting started. When your network has the setting "Enable invitation deep links" enabled on the Management Console, this means that your users' invitations will include a magic link. This "magic link" (aka. deep link) will take your users to both download the app and log them in with only one click or QR code scan.
Set up instructions:
1. Ensure your users have access to the Google Play Store or App Store (aka. you are not using an MDM)
2. Log into your Management Console and got to Settings > search for "Enable invitation deep links" and turn on the setting.
3. You're all set! You can now go to one of your users and send them a sign on link to log in or add new people. Their invitations will now include the magic link that will both download and log them into Zello to start talking.
When should I not enable deep link invitations on my network?
In order to prevent your team having issues with the invitation there are certain situations in which deep link invitation may not be the best option for you. These are:
1. If your network devices have an old version of Zello installed (older than 5.10), your users typically use the QR code to log in and you do not want to update to the most recent versions of Zello (hint: we strongly recommend you do)
2. If your devices are controlled through MDMs and they don't have access to the Google Play Store or App Store.
Other than in these 2 situations, deep links should work without problems for your team and help them get started smoothly.